*The Women’s Resource Centre in Armenia organises march to stop violence against women on 25 November 2008, to coincide with the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.*
Lara Aharonian, head of the Women’s Resource Centre
Address: 34 Zarubyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia
Founded in July 2003, the Women's Resource Centre (WRC) is "open to all women regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and social status."
Since November 2006, WRC has initiated the following projects:
• Book Club: reading and discussion of books, articles and poems on gender issues.
• Film Club: movie screening and discussion.
• Career Development Club: language and computer skills development, assistance to find a job, professional portfolio making and interviewing skills.
• My Body/My Right: training on sexual rights and health.
• Adolescents for the Mature Life: trainings, workshops, discussions aimed at the personal development of participating adolescents and toward professional orientation.
• No one is Perfect: parental skills development program designed for mothers and children under 2 years.
• Pre-natal program: program for pregnant women regarding pregnancy and newborn childcare. • Peer-to-peer Service: assistance to available to anyone who needs to talk or to receive consultations.
• Life is Just Beginning: program designed for women aged 40 years and plus involving meetings and discussions.
• Round-tables and workshops on issues surrounding women and gender.