Sunday 6 July 2008

Antonio (Spain) is Mr Gay Europe 2008!


Budapest: It was Antonio Pedro Almijes (19) from Spain who Saturday evening took home the crown of Mr. Gay Europe 2008. “Winning Mr. Gay Europe is a bit overwhelming, but I am excited and I look forward to do my best in supporting not only my home community, but hopefully I can help other young guys in Europe and making them feel that it is okay to come out of the closet and be gay!” (source)

Mr. Gay Europe was forced to move venues to secret locations due to anticipated clashes between the Hungarian police, right-wing extremists and gays celebrating Budapest Pride this Saturday .

Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, Armenia was not able to participate in this year's contest, for the first time ever, as previously announced.

*photo - via Mr Gay Europe

No comments: