Sunday 1 March 2015

House of Cards, season 3 explosive storyline against Russia’s anti-gay law

As a a big fan of Netflix’s House of Cards, I could not wait till season 3 is finally on. And when it was finally on, I was so excited, it took me a while till I was able to calm down and actually start watching. And then… I could not stop watching till the very last episode is over. [and yes, now I am in a state of withdrawal, and there is a long wait ahead till season 4]

I am not going to give away any plot details or review the season, you can watch it at your own pace and make up your mind. For the purposes of this brief blog post, I only want to mention that starring in the season 3 is Putin himself, well, his prototype named ‘Petrov’.

Episode 3 is quite something when you see Putin/Petrov’s first appearance, with some other prominent guest stars. It was an entertaining episode, but not powerful.

It’s not until the episode 6 when the storyline became pretty explosive with a powerful statement against Russia’s anti-gay law and against hypocrisy in politics, in general.


Big respects to Netflix and the whole team behind the House of Cards for speaking up.

A must watch.

No comments: